keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

what google buzz means for my blog

Blog Challenge: Day 25


Everyone on Gmail has by now discovered (or maybe chosen to ignore) Google's newest feature - Buzz. Buzz is basically a twitter/reader/gchat combo. Up until now I have shares my blog with only people I specifically chose. With Buzz, however, my blog posts are now public to whomever I follow/am follwed by on Buzz. I know that I can make my blog private and/or block specific people, but I've decided to do neither of those 2 things. Based on the way I see my blog developing, I don't plan for it to be so personal that I have to pick and chose who will read it. That's what one-on-one conversations are for. So, from here on out my blog is going ot be strictly things that I wouldn't be hesitant to talk to a stranger about. I think this will actually be good for me, because I tend to be a very reserved and private person. Now, I don't plan to go divulging my deepest thoughts and emotions, but I do plan on opening up more than some people have seen so far. The only thing that will be hard/annoying is that I may find myself censoring certain things that I actually do want to talk about...not necessarily because I am saying something bad about someone who may be reading, but simply because I am talking about them at all and that's just awkward lol...At the same time, I think some of the things I have to share (about websites, music, news, food, and general info) are things that are interetsing to a general audience, and I want to be able to share that. So, we shall see. This is all a work in progress and I try to figure out my blog's identity/purpose. Btw, for those people who are just seeing my blog because of Buzz, I definitely encourage you to start from my very first post and see what this is all about :-)


As far as today's post, I don't really feel like writing a whole lot lol. After 5 whole days off of work due to the DMV's crazy weather, I have a full day tomorrow. I barely even remember where I work lol. I spent most of today finishing a book in B&N so I didn't have to buy it lol. The book was actually pretty good, so I may end up buying it eventually...and I'm going to post sort of a review/reflection on it at some point soon...maybe tomorrow depending on how work is. I actually write better at work than I do when I'm home all day with nothing to do...something about the sense of urgency I suppose....and the fact that I like little distractions to brekaup my workday.


On another note, I feel so positive right now (surprise, surprise). I straight up love life! I don't expect things to be perfect all the time, but why not celebrate the times in your life when everything does seem to be going well? After all, being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect....it means that you've decided to look past the imperfections...I wish I could say I made that up, but it's an anonymous quote. I had a great convo today with a student at one of the schools to which I'm applying. It got me super excited for my interview which is next month. Plus, I also had a great convo with someone who is in another Psych program (one to which I didn't apply)..more generally about the field, their experiences, etc.  Actually, while we're on the subject of schools and my applications, I'm pretty sure I didn't get accepted to 2 of the 6 schools I applied to. I haven't gotten official rejection letters, but I haven't gotten notifications of acceptance/invitation to interview...and at this stage in the game I think I would have heard back if it were good news.

I'm surprisingly ok with this. I remember when I first applied to programs I told some people I didn't know what I would do if I didn't get in...I would be a wreck. Now, I've gotten to a point where I still feel good about my chance of getting in to at leats one program, but I know it's not the end of the world if I don't. I truly truly believe that everything happens for a reason, so all I can do is give it my all...which I think I have...and if things don't go how I expect them to go, it simply means that there is another game plan meant for me. Like I said, though, at this point I am still very hopefully that the game plan is acceptance to one of the PhD programs. I'll keep yall posted ;-)


Ok, that's it for now. Today's *big chune* is Rihanna's new single/video Rude Boy. I know I've already shared this in my Reader and on Buzz, but this song has been stuck in my head all day! It's catchy, the video cracks me up, and it remind me of home!! Big Chune!



:-D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment