keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

random roundup 2/7/10

Blog Challenge Day 21

Since I realized I don't really like posting anything too substantive on Sundays, I'm going to make my Sunday posts a "random roundup" of interesting articles, stories, links, etc.

- NFLer Ricky Williams is preparing for a career as a spiritual healer? This is old news apparently, but I hadn't heard about it.
- Coffee has a bad rap, but it actually has some health benefits
- Beyonce has a lot of haters, but I'm a fan...especially after this cute interview
- I'm totally excited for NBC's new show...both the leads are mixed :-) And the woman is gorgeous!!!
- Smoking weed "nearly doubles a person's risk of developing future psychotic states including schizophrenia, and if someone smokes it before the age of 16, they are four times more at risk." (article)
- a real-life "sleeping beauty" - this girl sometimes sleeps for days at a time and can't be woken.


In other news, NO WORK TOMORROW because of the SNOW!!
My organization does whatever the Federal Government does and they are CLOSED babyyyyyy! Nixie's classes are also canceled so it's shaping up to be another fabulous day. Today was so great! We had a pretty lazy morning and spent another afternoon reading in Barnes and Noble. I'm a few chapters into my latest read, so tomorrow will give me a chance to finish it!
Why Good Things Happen to Good People: The Exciting New Research that Proves the Link Between Doing Good and Living a Longer, Healthier, Happier Life
I LOVE spending a day reading! And this book just gives me so much to think about, inspires me, and generally puts me in a great mood.

After B&N, Nix and I went to TJ's (Trader Joe's) to do our weekly shopping. We usually buy and eat the SAME things every week, so this week we decided to change things up a bit. This morning we were browsing through another of my recent book purchases and they have a section on diagnosing your health/diet based on signs from your body. One of them was whether you have dark circles under your eyes. Well, I've never really noticed bags under my eyes, but today we both felt like we did...and the book says this may be a result of not enough variety in your diet...which we are very guilty of...it's all good, healthy food, but the SAME good healthy food day in and day out. So anyway, this week we basically only bought new foods! Tonight for dinner we had pan-seared tuna with asparagus and multigrain pilaf (the precooked one from TJ's which is THE BOMB). We also made two dishes for throughout the week: homemade cashew pesto with whole wheat spaghetti and a kielbasa sausage, green pepper, potato mishmash lol. Btw, the dark chocolate/cranberry/almond tart that I made came out AWESOME! It's already gone lolol. Also, Roomie made a quiche was was super yummy! I'm so looking forward to another day off tomorrow :-)

Today's *big chune* is Teedra Moses, Complex Simplicity. Enjoy!


:-D

P.S. CONGRATS to the Saints!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment