keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Friday, February 12, 2010

clarification

i swear every time i hit "publish" i'm like dang i should have added this...or i find a typo...or i wish i had changed something. oh well. i'm new to this blogging thing. anywho, i wanted to follow-up on my last post, and the idea of my making my blog more public. 

rather than it being about me censoring myself going forward, i see it as me being more comfortable and confident in who i am and what i'm writing. lately i've been focusing a lot on the "first commandment" of The Happiness Project...which is to BE ANNA. And by being Anna i have to accept and celebrate myself! i've kept my blog relatively private because i don't want people up in my business in some ways i'm nervous about what people will think of it. will people think it's weird that i'm so fascinated with happiness? that i love to read? that i'm a homebody? that i eat really healthy and love learning about food/health/nutrition? that i'm so passionate about mixed-ness? that i am a snob about dudes with poor grammar/spelling/diction? lol. basically, i've been nervous about really opening myself up for judgment - especially by people i may not be all that close to. The thing is that the more i really continue to figure out who i am (this is a life-long process, btw...subject of a blog to come), the more confident i feel about who i am...and the less i concern myself with what people may think of that :-) it's quite liberating actually. 

ok that's it (for now) on that subject. it's about 2 and a half hours past my bed time :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment