keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

looking for a way to snag a date?

Blog Challenge Day 23

So the other day I'm sitting in Cosi waiting to meet someone to go over some work we're collaborating on for a nonprofit. I've never met this person before so I'm doing that awkward thing where you give the room a once over and look toward the door every time it opens, hoping to find someone else doing the same thing...c'mon you know what I'm talking about!

Anywho, at a table nearby I see a guy doing the same thing...and he looked like he may have fit the name of the person I was meeting (lol). So we're both kinda looking at each each other, and I mouth "[insert name]?" And he can't really hear me, so he comes over to the table and he does that awkward (notice a trend here?) thing where you open your mouth as though you're going to say the persons name, even though you have no idea the person's name. And he's shaking my hand while asking "Do I know you." Anyway, I'm rambling, but long story short it wasn't the person I was there to meet...lol

BUT, it got me thinking...this could be a cool way to pick up guys/gals. Simply find a spot somewhere where you would like to meet someone (mine would be a grad school library LOL) and go about your business. When you spot a cutie, make the aforementioned exploratory eye contact. If they make it back, great! If not, it doesn't matter! Simply go over and be like "Hi, are you [make up any name!! (preferably not something too popular, because that may actually be their name haha!)] After they say no...you say "Oh sorry, I'm supposed to be meeting someone, but they haven't shown up yet." Then, if you're lucky, they may say something like "No problem...and if they don't show up, I'd be happy to fill in with them ;-)" Actually...hopefully they don't wink...winks are kinda hard to pull off outside of texts and emails...kinda creepy actually....or is it just me? Some people may be uncomfortable setting themselves up in a situation where they are basically getting stood up, but you either won't ever see this person again, or you can play it off like "yah they just called and said they're not gonna make it" and go about your business....especially if you say it's a work-related meeting or something. And like i said, if karma is in your favor that day, the person of interest should offer to make sure you didn't waste your time showing up :-)

Soooo what do you guys think? Is this is good idea? Would you try it? Better yet, have you tried it? If someone did it to you, would it work?


In other news, I have tomorrow off again! This is getting totally crazy LOL. Looks like another day of B&N in the morning, and who-knows-what in the afternoon. YEA BOIIIIIII...The only thing that stinks is that so many places are closed....so even though I'd like to take more advantage of the time off (ice skating, bowling, museums, etc.) I can't. Oh well. How did/do/would you guys spend a day off?


today's *big chune* is from a newish reggae artists, Taurus Riley. I really like this song! 


:-D 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment