keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Monday, January 18, 2010

First Post!

Imagine if you found someone's journal lying around and opened it up for a read...the journal contained all their random thoughts, musings, insights, stories of their days, etc...but nothing so personal that they wouldn't want someone else to read-just in case someone happened to stumble upon it. Well, this is the electronic version of what you would get if you found my (non-existent) journal.

*********

One of my not-so-great personality characteristics is that I tend to say "I want [or I'm going] to do X"....and don't ever get around to doing whatever "X" may be. One example of something I have been saying I would do - but never did - is to write a blog. At the same time, I also appreciate symbolism and find inspiration/meaning all around me. I've been following The Happiness Project blog (www.happiness-project.com) for a few months and just finished reading the book by the same title. This blog/book has been a huge source of inspiration for me to finally make my own blog happen. With a new year having just started, things at working having slowed down, and my mind chock full of thoughts, I figured it was a great time to get motivated and really make it happen!

Since graduating from college two years ago, I've learned a lot about myself and have stumbled upon so many interesting things (both practical and more whimsical) that I have this burning desire to share with the worlddddddd whoever will listen (or should I say read?). When I was trying to come up with a name for this blog, I thought a lot about what defines me and hence what would define my blog. What will I write about? Since this blog isn't anonymous, I really want the reader to get a sense of who I am and what I'm about. Some of the best blogs I read are just people like you and me who feel the urge to express themselves to an audience -- with no real motives. I went with the current blog name because positivity is a major aspect of my personality. For better or worse , I can find a silver lining (i.e., the bright side) in just about any situation. As my Granny always says, "Every disappointment is for a good."

So, what can you expect from this blog? That's a very hard question to answer! Basically, it's going to be the place where I share any and everything that interests me. After all it is my blog. Don't worry though...I find A LOT of stuff interesting and noteworthy (you should see my Google Reader subscription list! subject of a post to come), so there should be something to interest everyone. I'll also be asking for your thoughts/opinions/feedback so don't be shy :-)

Here are topics I expect will be in heavy rotation:
- Health & Wellness (Food, Fitness, Spirituality)
- News & Current events
- Pop Culture: tv, music, movies, gossip, etc.
- Frugality (lol): coupons, deals, free ish!
- Reading, Writing, Books
- Quotes/Inspiration
- Interpersonal Relationships (familial, romantic, and everything in between)

I won't be getting too personal, but I'll definitely be writing about everything from my viewpoint and will share stories/reflections about my life and my experiences. To be honest, I can't tell you exactly how this blog is going to develop, but I hope that you will keep reading to see :-)

To keep motivated, I'm going to challenge myself to post (at least once) everyday for the next 30 days! Tomorrow I'm going to talk more about The Happiness Project as my inspiration for starting this blog. I'm actually going to a book event with the author tonight!

:-D

P.S. Happy MLK Jr. Day and National Day of Service!

1 comment: