keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

i heart sade

Blog Challenge: Day 14

I realized today that I really don't ever feel like writing on the weekend. You'd think the weekend would be the best time for me to write my best entries because I have so much time, but I find myself way too distracted and wanting to do other things. Plus, work is so slow that I have time to write during the weekdays.

Today's post is a tribute to Sade...because she is the ish....she's timeless...I have met very few people who don't like-or at least respect-her. She's so hot that she hasn't released an album in 10 years and people of all ages still know who she is. And she's mixed. YAY. lol. Born Helen Folasade Adu in Ibadan, Nigeria, about 50 miles from Lagos, she is the daughter of an African father and an English mother. After her mother returned to England, Sade grew up on the North End of London. (Source)

Here's a remix of her new single-because I also love Raheem Devaughn and the original is getting played out hehe.


And here is the second single set to be released:


A lot of Sade's music is relegated to elevator/lobby music, but she has soooo many great songs. In honor of the release of her new album in February, I'm going to post some of my favorite Sade songs. (In no particular order...I'm way to indecisive for that.)

Sweetest Gift. I LOVE THIS SONG. I plan to sing it as a lullaby someday :-D It's so perfect!


Is It a Crime? This may well be one of the most depressing songs ever sung, but it is a BIG CHUNE! (I'd actually never seen the video before doing this post!) This song makes me want to cry...she sings it like her heart is being ripped out of her chest. Also, the sax in this is nuts!!


Lover's Rock. This song kinda melts my heart.


It's All About Our Love. This song is just so simple and beautiful.


Cherish the Day. Classic Sade.


Pearls. Another song that makes me want to cry. The lyrics are so powerful and moving.


Are you a Sade fan? What are your favorites?

:-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of the remix with Raheem Devaughn and suprisingly I really like "Skin". "Is it A Crime" is definitely a fave. I also really like "jezebel"

    ReplyDelete