keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

where have i been?

I really haven't felt like writing recently (as you can tell from the fact that i haven't written in forever). My excuse(s)? I don't have many updates and I've been pretty busy at work, which is when i like to write my blog.  

I found out who the other accepted students are for my PhD program! In total, 6 of us will be entering this Fall. Officially, I (and another girl) will be part of next year's cohort because I (and the other girl) don't have a master's degree, while the other 4 people do. Fortunately, I remember meeting this other girl at the interviews and we had hit it off and exchanged info. She knew she got into the program before me, because - if you remember - I got taken off the waitlist. Knowing that there were only 6 students selected for the cohort makes me so proud and honored to have a spot in the program - even if I was taken from the waitlist. A prof. told me that if they could have taken 7 right off the bat i would have been in from the beginning....All's well that ends well :-D I also got my advisor assignment and (based on our interview) she's super awesome; i can't wait to get to know her better!

I have about 5 more full weeks at work, then I'm heading back home. I've already got a few summer gigs in the works - including tutoring, camp counseling/chaperoning, special projects at an old job, and possibly front desk at a gym. I'm really looking forward to the time at home. I'm also strongly considering a trip to the dominican republic to visit a Gtown friend. When I was flying back home last xmas i volunteered to get bumped from a flight so i have a pretty nice voucher i can apply to a ticket. We'll see if that pans out. 

Haven't been cooking too much this week because I'm giving my body a break from the heavy eating I've been doing the past several weeks and also because I wanted to save money on groceries this week...lame huh? i'll have to try whip up something fun next week to make up for it.

I'll try to post more often for the next few weeks!

I remember watching Selena for the first time in Spanish class in like 6th or 8th grade...crying!!! lol...this movie (and the true story obv.) is sooo sad! And everytime i see the actress who played Yolanda in other movies I'm like "you killed Selena!!" Anyone, today's *big chune* is one of my favs of Selena's, called Como La Flor. 



:-D




No comments:

Post a Comment