keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Monday, April 19, 2010

am i being punked?

Last night I'm innocently doing my laundry when the craziest thing happened....


I go to pull open the washer door (it's one of those stacked front-load washer/dryer combos) and water comes POURING OUT! Mind you, my load was supposedly done...i didn't open the door mid-cycle (the doors are locked in-cycle anyway).


So I slam the door shut and at first I'm just like hmm this is unfortunate, there's a bit of water on the ground. Then I realize that the water is STILL RUNNING...the machine is still cycling...but there is no time on the cycle...so it's just running with no end in sight. At this point the door wouldn't stay closed because my clothes had shifted when I first opened the door and the water pressure was too strong. So I'm standing there holding the door shut for *no lie* a good 10 minutes before a maintenance person (I live in an apt. complex) even shows up. (At this point I had also called Roomie so at least i had some company lol.)


The first dude to show up looks totally confused and calls for backup when he realizes the machine is still running. But...get this...he goes into the back room and gets a MOP! Roomie and I are like WTF is that gonna do?! The water was covering the floor and seeping into the back room at this point!


Then the second dude shows up and he looks flabbergasted as all get out LOL. At this point it's been another 5-7 minutes since the first dude came. For another 5-7 minutes they're on the phone trying to figure out how to get the water shut off. Finally they do (and by this point the first dude had gotten a water vacuum) get the water shut off and they tell me to just open the door and let all the water out. My clothes are SOAKED...we wring them out and I have to do 2 dryer cycles...now like 4/7 washing machines are unusable....but it wasn't my fault!


Oh, and my shoes were still wet this morning...quite a crazy 20 minutes!

Today's *big chune* comes from prob my favorite old school male R&B group, Mint Condition. This one is "You Send Me Swinging"


:-D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment