keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

bad hair day

As part of my going-natural process, my bad hair days are on the rise :-/ On a day-to-day basis, I never quite know how my hair is going to turn out. The funny thing is, that is one of the things that a lot of long-time naturals (on the blogs I've been following) cite as being among their favorite parts of having natural hair. I think it's just more frustrating for me because I'm still transitioning and I haven't quite gotten my hair routine down.


I have a black tie event tonight for work and I'm not feeling great about how my hair is going to look in a formal setting. I co-washed my hair night before last so I kinda assumed it would be alright for today with a simple re-wetting via spray bottle...not so much. It looks/feels dry and frizzy :-(


This morning I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether I can justify (financially and practically) going to the hairdresser this weekend...it would basically make it my 3rd trip in like a 6 week period...way more than I usually go. And I'd have to drop $60+ just to cut off a biiiiit more (b/c I don't want to totally BC yet...at least i don't think i do but you never know!!!) of my relaxed ends. Sigh. At the same time, I'd rather spend the money and feel good (better) about the way I look lol. And for those of you thinking "Oh just go to Super Cuts" or one of those cheap walk-in salons....Never again!! I did it once and it was not smart...at least not for someone with my texture/cut.


Guess I'll go ahead and give Perry a call....




Today's *big chune* isn't new or anything but it just popped into my head and it's a really pretty reggae duet...and shockingly (for a caribbean-artist) the music video is actually pretty good lol.
Taurus Riley and Alaine: Forever More





:-D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment