keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

don't sleep on: springpadit.com

After my last post, Ms. O asked me where I get my recipes from...great question! And it also reminded me of a "don't sleep" post I've been meaning to do. 


To answer the question of where I get my recipes...I read a lot of blogs and I subscribe to a lot of recipe newsletters. My favorite newsletters are from:
As I said, I also subscribe to a lot of blogs in my Google Reader so I won't bother to list them all. The food blog world is a really great resource for product leads, recipes and cooking tips!! My advice for finding some is to do a google blog search based on whatever your interests are. Then, once you find one or two you really like, look to see what blogs those people are following....it's like an awesome never-ending chain :-) On a related note, just today I got a really great newsletter from Cooking Light on the top 25 cooking mistakes. Another thing to do is check a used bookstore for cookbooks. My fav. used bookstore in DC has a really nice selection.

Ok, now onto Springpadit.com. (Shouts out to Nix for putting me onto this!) It's a really cool website that basically replaces the "favorites" (in IE) or  "bookmark" (in Firefox) options for marking pages. We use it to electronically store recipes. You can enter recipes yourself...or what's even cooler is that you can simply enter the url for the page where a recipe is located, and it will automatically enter the recipe info. (Note: you have to double check b/c it doesn't always enter perfectly). You can also use it to "mark/save" products, shopping lists, businesses, restaurants, etc. You can make your "stuff" private, or public (so people who follow you can see). This is what it looks like:
 


It's sort of hard to explain, so check it out for yourself!

Today's *big chune* is from Raheem Devaughn, who just came out with a new album yesterday. He's DC-based R&B artist who I've loved ever since I heard his song "Believe"...I actually remember where I was when I heard this song for the first time...which is crazy given my usually fuzzy memory!...I was in the library cramming studying for mid-terms and the song came on and I was like "I must hear that song again!" lol....anyway, even though I love "Believe" and it's a big chune, I'ma post another of my favs instead...this one is called "Love Drug"...enjoy!


:-D
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment